Tuesday, April 14, 2009

P-R-O-C-R-A-S-T-I-N-A-T-I-O-N

randomtuesday


Woo hoo it is RTT.
I have been a victim again of my procrastination...I just brought my tax crap to the cpa yesterday. Needless to say after the look I received from the young gal in the office she charged me $25 for an extenstion. I then had the nerve to ask her what the turn around time has been running....hehehehehe....she said 2 to 3 weeks. I apparently am not the only procrastinator. In years past I had an excuse...working full time, kids, husband, soccer...yada yada yada. This year no excuse! I am retired (laid off). I do still have the kids, husband and the yada yada yada.

Last week I went to see David Cook in Macon Georgia (my sis lives near there). When I was making the 4 hour trek to her house Wed afternoon I realized that she and I have never gone out before without kids or hubs entow. We should do it again someday soon! Anyways the concert itself was great...even though they did perform "Creep" - very disappointing. Anyways after the show we decided to emulate groupies and wait for DC to leave the building and get on the tour bus. I thought that was a bit odd for a woman of my years but what the hell.... If odd is decided based on the masses then it was not odd at all. There were peeps that have seen 15 DC shows on this tour and had 8 more shows planned....wtf. It was good but not that good! There was one young lady that had comboed this DC tour with touring colleges ...a great use of time I guess. One person made Easter eggs for the band members WOW. One lady that was waiting for DC's exit of the building was stating that she recalls her first concert in NY in '65 The Beatles (she was 9 then).

Did I tell everyone in blog land that I tried another attempt for the hairdresser to cut my hair into a bob...I apparently had problems communicating what I was looking for. So now the result is a icky shag cut that I DO NOT LIKE! I know we have all had bad haircuts, but this one is very icky...baseball caps are a groovy thing at this time. When I think about bad haircuts it brings be back to a doozy, when I was much younger my bff and I were booked on a cruise in a couple of weeks. Someone I worked with had heard me mention that I wanted to get a perm (I told you this was when I was much younger). See she was going to cosmetology school and she offered for me to go to the school. She would give me perm as practice to her and at a fraction of the normal cost. Have you ever heard of fishhooks? For those of you that do not know that term....all the ends of my hair were bent which creates a frizzy mess. Now that reflect on this I wonder why didn't I just get the ends trimmed. We went on the cruise with my yucky hair. You know who has a fabulous new doo...birthday girl Julie over at http://www.momspective.com/.

Have a great week everyone

9 comments:

  1. Bummer about the hair thing. I'm sure we have all been there at some time. Julie is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know you get an automatic 6 month extension for federal taxes if you are getting a refund?

    (In fact, I've been really bad and filed over 2 years late before. I suck.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm too afraid to even go get my hair cut! They always mess it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am constantly on the look-out for a perfect easy but-looks-great hair-do! Let's say I'm still looking and leave it at that!

    Going to the salon is always a scary thing. Why is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had those haircuts. I have left one salon and gone immediately to another one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can absolutely relate to getting bad hair cuts... Just when you think you've learned their jargon in order to communicate with them what exactly you want, it's apparently all wrong. Even when you supply them with pictures of exactly what you want done - and they say they can do it no problem, but do something totally opposite of what you asked for...not fun!

    We get an extension for taxes every year - we have a great accountant that just does it automatically then files in the fall...it means that we don't get refunds until almost the end of the year, but that works for being lose to Christmas...unless we have to pay... ;)

    Happy RTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to always wear a bob style cut when I was younger

    ReplyDelete
  8. problem is that we do not know if we will be getting a refund or if we owe. Long story as to why..but a lot of our circumstances have changed in 2008 which includes my layoff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easter eggs for the band! Hahhaha!

    That's why when I find a good hairstylist, I make sure they're tied up firmly and the duct tape is always in place. Otherwise, you might lose them.

    ReplyDelete